homestead - RE: [Homestead] The specuator factor ..

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT dtnspeed.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Homestead] The specuator factor ..
  • Date: Sat, 14 May 2005 13:46:51 -0500

<<He referred to methane as the fuel; I suspect he may have
used a British word for natural gas, maybe not.>>

Methane is the smallest hydrocarbon. It's easily generated from fermenting
manure, which the Chinese have been doing for years for cooking gas. It's
clean burning as fuels go.

<<My message here is that we can focus on the doom and gloomers or we can
find, become informed by and follow the examples and teachings of people
who are out front on energy and environmental issues.>>

Amen. Those of us on this list have at least given some thought to the
coming crunch. I just wish politicians would engage the issue rather than
pretend that somehow we can just keep doing what we're doing. Societal
action could go a long way toward making the transition less painful. Of
course, $5 gas is going to result in serious transportation innovations, and
the sooner the better.

Marie