homestead - Re: [Homestead] Perfect Storm

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Perfect Storm
  • Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 09:14:33 EDT

Marie writes:

> Gene assumes that the rich and powerful have a clue about how ugly their

Moreover Gene assumes (sorry, Gene, it seems to be what we're doing today,
telling you what you are assuming), perhaps better to say 'seems to be
assuming'
.... anyway .... that the rich and powerful can manipulate reality to their
advantage. Just because it would be to the disadvantage of the rich that the
economy not collapse doesn't mean they have the power to do squat about it.
Another explaination might be that they know very well where we're headed,
that
there is little they can do about it, and they are lining their nests at our
expense in preparation for it.

James