homestead - Re: [Homestead] Perfect Storm

  • From: Rob <becida AT comcast.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Perfect Storm
  • Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 20:27:42 -0700

At 5/10/2005 02:29 PM, Gene wrote:
Until someone shows me how sinking the USA into bankruptcy would benefit the increasingly large class of the rich and powerful, I will continue to believe that the DC Whorehouse and customers will protect business. I acknowledge the possibility that this unsophisticated farm boy may well have overlooked something.

As I read the above paragraph I had a thought about what is going on.
What if the goal of "business" (as you used it) is a sort of return to the Lords and serfs world?
If you bring things to a breaking point who is going to start falling into the economic abyss first?

Of course this may all make perfect sense to someone who 'understands' it all... Maybe increasing spending and debt while cutting income is a good idea? Didn't work for me but I'm not a politician.

Rob

becida AT comcast.net
Western Washington State, USA