homestead - Re: [Homestead] THE BODY-COUNT

  • From: Bill Jones <billj AT harborside.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] THE BODY-COUNT
  • Date: Fri, 06 May 2005 09:27:45 -0700

Marie McHarry wrote:

When Starr's final report
came out, I checked it carefully to see what he had to say about Whitewater:
Nothing, absolutely nothing.

They proved absolutely nothing about Robert Blake. The point is that simply because a person squeaks by without a prison term, it doesn't necessarily mean that I want her to hold office or do jobs around the house.

The words "innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt" only apply to situations where the State could actively punish someone by removing life, liberty, or property.

Suppose a person had been charged several times with child molestation, but never convicted. I hate to be so shallow, but that person would probably not be welcome here as a babysitter.

Thus it is with politicians. If there's even a hint of doubt, we throw them out.

Bill