homestead - RE: [Homestead] THE BODY-COUNT

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT dtnspeed.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Homestead] THE BODY-COUNT
  • Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 23:23:43 -0500

<<They proved absolutely nothing about Robert Blake. The point is that
simply because a person squeaks by without a prison term, it doesn't
necessarily mean that I want her to hold office or do jobs around the
house.>>

Ah, but Robert Blake didn't have a prosecutor with a full staff and all the
resources of the federal government aimed at him. Clinton did. Millions of
private dollars were contributed -- in addition to the special prosecutor's
kitty -- to nail him. They didn't do it.

<<Thus it is with politicians. If there's even a hint of doubt, we throw
them out.>>

I'm trying to think of a politician about whom there was no doubt. The only
one I can come up with is Paul Simon, our late senator. The two current
senators seem pretty high bottom, but you never know.

Now our governor and state assembly -- that's a whole other story.

Marie