homestead - Re: [Homestead] Poison Ivy & Chiggers

  • From: Lisa Perry <lkvp AT floydva.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Poison Ivy & Chiggers
  • Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2005 12:51:34 -0400

Gene GeRue wrote:

I strongly suspect this is not skin *salubrious* but it sure stops the infection itching. (emphasis added)

I suspected the meaning but looked it up in a 1957 Webster's. Salubrious means healthful and is an adjective as in a salubrious climate. I figure there were one or two of us that weren't familiar with the word (not including James). I've learned my something new for the day, thanks Gene.
You're done producing offspring, but please don't do this regularly. Years ago when we learned how Chlorox breaks down into dioxin in rivers and streams and is very unsalubrious (?) for the animals living in those habitats, we quit using it when doing laundry. Now it's kept on hand only for emergencies.

A terrific and salubrious weekend to you.
Lisa