homestead - RE: [Homestead] Poison Ivy

  • From: "Tim Oppenheim" <timopp AT mac.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Homestead] Poison Ivy
  • Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 10:14:47 -0500

"Leaves of three...let it be." Poison Ivy is a smallish three lobed leaf
growing along the ground or climbing up a tree ( some vines can be
impressively thick). Urisol(sic?),the irritant is an oily substance that is
easily smeared around with water, if you suspect you've been exposed use a
fairly strong detergent to remove the oils from your clothes and skin.

Tim Oppenheim