homestead - Re: [Homestead] Poison Ivy

  • From: Don Bowen <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Poison Ivy
  • Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2005 16:39:35 -0400

At 4/7/2005, you wrote:
However, better to avoid everything with three leaves than to get a nasty
rash of poison ivy. Like all such things, some people get more sensitive with
repeated exposure but some people seem to become immune. I used to get ghastly
cases of it as a child, but I can handle it with bare hands now and it doesn't
make a rash.

As a kid I was never bothered by PI. I ran all over the woods behind out place and worked with my uncle clearing out brush along the creeks. I did that work because my father could not get near the stuff. Then about 20 years ago I came down with a nasty Poison Oak rash and over the next few years had several more nasty rashes from PO until I learned to identify it.

Don Bowen Awl Knotted Up Woodworking
http://www.braingarage.com
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?latlongtype=decimal&latitude=35.588587&longitude=-82.629175