homestead - [Homestead] Poison Ivy

  • From: ted <music AT thenightshades.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Poison Ivy
  • Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2005 11:12:31 -0700

Oh, and do be sure to wash affected clothes in COLD water. I hose them off
thoroughly before putting them in the laundry. Hot water in the washer can
spread poison oak oils to all the clothes you launder! Yikes!

But it's hardly necessary to throw away clothes that have been in contact
with these vicious oils. A thorough cold water wash is all it takes.

Also, there's a reason my cat is an indoor cat- it's easy to pick this up
from a pet! When my cat gets out (he gets his way in the end) he needs a
couple dunkings in cold lemon water and a thorough grooming from his rough
little tongue before it's safe for me to touch him, and I do love to touch
him. Fortunately he's pretty cooperative and understanding. I expect not all
cats are!

Ted