homestead - Re: [Homestead] homesteading stuff

  • From: RayZentz AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] homesteading stuff
  • Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 11:09:30 EST

In a message dated 2/21/2005 9:26:28 A.M. Central Standard Time,
djwarren AT aeneas.net writes:

Donna, West Tennessee where the main natural resources are red clay and
termites.

You know, this may just irritate some of you, but growing up, I had never
even seen a termite, and the only roaches I ever saw were "waterbugs". I
remember a news story when I was a kid, regarding roaches. It seems that
there
was a house that had been infested, and the health department burned it
down.
Other than that, no one I knew had 'em. Termites were non-existent.

I was 30 years old before I saw a "roach" in someones house, and that was in
Utah.

I guess there are some things to be said in favor of growing up in North
Dakota. Of course, there are also no trees to speak of (except those that
have
been planted), and you have to deal with winter and the three months of poor
sledding... ;-)

Ray