homestead - Re: [Homestead] homesteading stuff

  • From: keith bellinger <bartermn AT epix.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] homesteading stuff
  • Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 08:21:14 -0500

Clansgian AT wmconnect.com wrote:

The onions will be in next week.

Do you plant sets or are you starting onion seed? I've been trying to grow good onions for years and don't seem to have much luck. Ours stay small no matter what I do. Now scallions and chives do ok. But I really want to grow big yellow onions like Gin buys.

What homestead-y type things anyone up to?

Cutting firewood; cleaning, repairing, painting old birdhouses and building a few new ones; made a wheel of pepper-jack cheese last week.

--
For by your words you will be justified Keith Bellinger
And by your words you will be condemned bartermn AT epix.net