homestead - Re: [Homestead] Somewhat sobering

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Somewhat sobering
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 14:51:16 -0700

I think that would be better if it were an organization of equals but the disparity in wages between Canada, the US, and Mexico drives us all downward.

One suspects that the many European nations have had the same consideration.

One reason Turkey was denied membership for so long.

This all speaks to the future of the international community. The Tri-Lateral Commission, as I recall, figured some of this out. It seems inevitable that there will be a gradual movement toward the middle, that high-wage places will move down and low-wage places will move up. Almost seems like a natural law. Nature seeks balance.