homestead - Re: [Homestead] Somewhat sobering

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Somewhat sobering
  • Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 22:09:13 -0800

One more time, and I am typing REAL SLOW! NAFTA was Bush Sr.'s baby. The
rounds of signings and agreements from various nations was in full swing
well before Clinton stopped the dreams of a second term for Bush the Elder.
It was only the final ink drying fallderal that happened under Clinton's
watch.

The GATT of your obcession is not a stand alone document that miraculously
came into being in 1994. It began with and contains Articles I and IV of
GATT NINETEEN FORTY-SEVEN and blessed if I can figure any way at all to
blame that on Clinton. He wasn't even a year old when that was signed.
Plus GATT 1994 contains almost all the intervening amendments, etc. that
happened over the ensuing 47 years.

When will you people get over this blame it all on Clinton and spend some
time doing your homework!

Lynda