homestead - [Homestead] Open primaries plus some homestead talk

  • From: Rob <becidawa AT hctc.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Open primaries plus some homestead talk
  • Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 08:58:16 -0800

There was an article in the Olympic paper today about the open primaries.

http://www.theolympian.com/home/news/20050122/topstories/73458.shtml
>>In an open primary, all voters -- Democrats, Republicans, Greens, Libertarians, independents -- use the same ballot, which lists all candidates. The top two vote-getters, regardless of party, advance to the general election.<<

This is a chance to free things up on the political scene, well maybe loosen the grip of the two big parties.

A guy has turkey he doesn't want and said I can have it, I'm going to go over today and get it into the freezer. I went over once before to show him how to process chickens, the weekend after that he did the other turkey... then he offered me this one.
He likes having the chickens & ducks around, eats the eggs but is not really into dealing with them past that.
I am reminded that we all have different ideas of what homesteading is.

Rob

becidawa AT hctc.com
Now in western Washington, USA