homestead - [Homestead] ARRRRG!!!

  • From: Don Bowen <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: Homestead_Friends AT yahoogroups.com, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org, lessIsMore AT yahoogroups.com
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [Homestead] ARRRRG!!!
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 06:29:56 -0800

Sometimes I feel like thumping my head against the wall. We were to close the 24th but late last week they told us it was slipping a day. No problem I need the day to complete the move. Then Monday we were told the house my wife is buying would not close on the 27th but maybe on the 7th. We thought we had to be out of here on Friday so we made arrangements. Meanwhile I completed getting my shop in storage and the rest of my stuff out of here. I was on my way out of the door made the last run to storage when I got a message that there was a problem with the closing and it may not happen until sometime next week. then I got another phone call that another paper needed signed.

It took a few phone calls and a visit to the escrow office to find out what was going on. It seems that the loan documents were not ready as promised and they are hoping for today but are not sure. Once they are delivered then the buyers have to sign, then they have to be recorded, then we can let the new owners have the place and I am free to go.

The paper to be signed is on the other house and is not important but somehow in the various escrow companies they inflated its importance and attached it to the selling house. It took several phone calls to get that straightened out. There is also a problem with getting the current owners stuff out of the house and the transfer company kept not showing up and also sat on a paper they were not sure who had to sign.

The whole feeling I get from everyone involved is one of incompetence, laziness, and stupidity. So, when do we close? Sometime this week or next on the house being sold, sometime next week or the week after on the house being bought.
Don Bowen Awl Knotted Up Woodworking
http://www.braingarage.com
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?latlongtype=decimal&latitude=33.26598&longitude=-116.98509