homestead - Re: [Homestead] ARRRRG!!!

  • From: Lisa Perry <lkvp AT floydva.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] ARRRRG!!!
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 10:10:01 -0500

Don Bowen wrote:

Sometimes I feel like thumping my head against the wall. We were to close the 24th but late last week they told us it was slipping a day. No problem I need the day to complete the move. Then Monday we were told the house my wife is buying would not close on the 27th but maybe on the 7th. We thought we had to be out of here on Friday so we made arrangements.
The whole feeling I get from everyone involved is one of incompetence, laziness, and stupidity. So, when do we close? Sometime this week or next on the house being sold, sometime next week or the week after on the house being bought.

Don, this is the wonderful world of mortgage loans. We aren't incompetent, lazy or stupid. Okay, maybe we are some of the time, but this is how it goes on the loans I work on at least 1/3 of the time. Stuff happens and often it's out of my control. I don't like it and I can't stand being a schmuck when I have to call my borrowers (clients) and explain to them that we can't close on the scheduled delay. That said, the delay on your house closing of a day or two is very normal. I knew your closing date wasn't set in stone, but I was hoping for your case that it would be. Your loan officer is shooting for the closing day in the contract the same as you are, you must have a date to schedule movers, shutting off electricity and what not, we all know this much. But perhaps a day or two was lost in getting your loan out of underwriting for one reason or another (and there are plenty of reasons from needing another item for a condition to meet guidelines, being backed up to training new personnel to holidays and snow days and floods and....) That won't make you feel any better but perhaps it explains what is going on for you. As to the closing on youu wife's home, that is a long delay (seven work days) and she should be given a reasonable explanation.

Soon this be but a faint memory. Meanwhile, hang in there. You will close. Sending you some good, cheerful thoughts and well wishes.

Lisa
...still hanging in there myself and working towards boosting my mortgage business this year while hoping (with crossed fingers) that it's my last year in this lovely job....