homestead - Re: [Homestead] ARRRRG!!!

  • From: Lisa Perry <lkvp AT floydva.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] ARRRRG!!!
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 13:18:06 -0500

Don Bowen wrote:

You should have heard the comments our broker made when the buyers selected this escrow company. They said that they have had problems with that office.

In my small town there are just four attorneys who do real estate closings, of those, there is one I will not work with after previously attending four closings in 2001-2002 that had numerous problems. I am very honest with my clients. It is their right to choose, but if they choose Attorney X when I ask which attorney they want to do the closing, I will tactfully let them know from experience that Attorney X may not even attend the closing, but if he does, there is almost certain to be a problem. Thankfully, 80% of the clients walk in the door choosing Attorney A who (along with his staff) does a superb job and many of the remaining 20% ask me who I would use. The issue with Attorney X doesn't come up often. I think your broker could possibly have politely, tactfully and ethically helped the issue while respecting the buyers' right to choose, but politics is different everywhere. In my town, my clients are relieved when I've been that honest with them. Sounds like it's a moot point now and will be over soon.