homestead - Re: [Homestead] More wonderful planning by White House for Afghanistan

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] More wonderful planning by White House for Afghanistan
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 13:55:07 -0700

Thanks to White House planners, 87% of world opium supply comes from Afghanistan, up from six or seven percent when equally good planning let a wounded Osama Bin Laden escape unimpeded from Tora Bora.

Seems to me the White House planners have been highly successful. Seems to me that the other poppy growers should be screaming favoritism.

The War on Drugs is total bs except for those who profit from it. Keeps prices nicely high for middlemen and street dealers. Pretty much the same for the War on Terrorism. Helluva recruiting and fundraising tool. Lots of taxpayer money supports those two so-called wars, which make lots of rich people richer. Follow the money.