homestead - RE: [Homestead] Removing bar code stickers

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: WarrenSmith AT PalmettoBuilders.net, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: RE: [Homestead] Removing bar code stickers
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 12:30:13 -0700

The mineral spirits are more likely to leave a residue than the lift off. If
you're trying to get the wood as clean as possible prior to stain with no
oily residues I'd go back to the lacquer thinner suggested earlier, in a
very well ventilated room, of course.

Could of swore I read that mineral spirits reduce blotching. To be safe, I will, duh, follow the Minwax directions to use their conditioner.