homestead - RE: [Homestead] health care- was Oops, it's only just beginning

  • From: Rob <becidawa AT hctc.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: RE: [Homestead] health care- was Oops, it's only just beginning
  • Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 11:14:40 -0800

At 12/22/2004 06:56 PM, you wrote:
<<Somehow, figure out a way to work for yourself.>>

I was doing that for years until I got a job with the state.

Why do I work for the state? Health care. This country could have a lot more
self-employed people who were financially solvent if everyone had access to
reasonably priced insurance.

On another list we got into talking about Canada's health care system. Imagine not having to take a 'specific' job just for the health care... Lot's more profit for someone under our system, not bad if you are making the profit or are a politician needing "campaign contributions".

Rob
becidawa AT hctc.com

Let's end the two party system, get your State to support an open primary election. Everybody for an office on the same ballot with the top two vote getting making it to the general election!