homestead - Re: [Homestead] Retirement planning, was Saving for a RainyQuarter Century

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Retirement planning, was Saving for a RainyQuarter Century
  • Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 07:53:17 -0700

But aren't we talking about meeting our minimum needs in this, not about the sum total of our lives? So the 'Rainy Quarter Century' plan need not exclude the possibility of a great number of other things.

Yes. I have only one plan but it has parts, first the needs and then the wants. Both parts will no doubt change. Yes, we are first talking about meeting minimum needs. That is essential and comforting. It occurs to me that I see some wants as needs. I have watched people who designed their lives to survive. And they did just that.