homestead - Re: [Homestead] Retirement planning, was Saving for a Rainy Quarter Century

  • From: Rob <becidawa AT hctc.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Retirement planning, was Saving for a Rainy Quarter Century
  • Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 12:01:20 -0800

At 12/17/2004 10:30 AM, Gene wrote:

I recently asked friends who live much like we intend to live--a couple who live frugally and carefully, who have zero debt, who have a big garden each year, can or freeze lots of their food, use a hoop house to help feed them through the winter, who keep chickens, who heat with wood they cut from their woods, who drive a modest compact pickup truck, who live in our area of very low property taxes, who keep very careful records of every expenditure, who have the most detailed budget--how much cash they need each month for those things that only cash can cover. Their number is $960.

That seems like a lot of money for no debt, growing own food, etc...
They didn't happen to say where that $960 went did they?

Rob
becidawa AT hctc.com

Merry Christmas everyone!