homestead - [Homestead] Notes From the Farm

  • From: Bill Jones <billj AT harborside.com>
  • To: Homestead mailing list digest <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Notes From the Farm
  • Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2004 14:17:10 -0800

I don't know if people quite understand the mind-blowing nature of Spencer Wells new data. It mean that's old King Moctezuma and I are 700th cousins, approximately. His ancestors actually stayed in central Asia for another 300 generations after mine left for Europe, before beginning the long migration through Asia and North America. When the first Algonquian met the first Englishman, he was meeting his 680th (or so) cousin.

I heard something else really fascinating. A fellow has a new theory about how the sense of smell works. It turns out that the mystery of why cyanide smells of almond extract may be solved. The two molecules both have the same vibrational frequency. Here's an astounding experiment, one that you can repeat at home, that demonstrates this principle. If turns out that if you mix the smell of acetone and spearmint, you get caraway. That's because carvone has almost the same vibrational frequency as menthol, but with an extra resonance at the same vibrational frequency as acetone. So I've been tempted to buy some gum and some nail polish remover just to see for myself. Think of what this means to a chef or a perfume chemist. I've always wondered why baked chicken with liquid smoke and garlic smells fishy.

We've figured out how to get data from the keyboard and the mouse. I'm picturing software beyond my wildest dreams. Imagine seeing your reflection on the surface of a solid as you rotate it in 3-D.

Someone wrote back to me that they didn't understand a lot of my post. I wrote back saying not to worry. I put that stuff in for my math friends. It's really not that complicated, but it would be hard to explain it fully and still be brief. I could easily explain it to anyone if I could just draw them a picture. As for the vapor engine stuff, if you could see that it's just two plastic bubbles that take turns rising and falling in a tank of hot water, you'd say "that's all?".

I mumbled something at the beginning of my last post about securing the sources of the Jordan for AIPAC. I really misspoke. I don't think the more reasonable factions of the AIPAC even know what's really happening yet. Replace AIPAC by PNAC (Project for a New American Century).

Think about what those words mean: to have another century like the 20th, but this time to secure a landing pad for the Messiah!

You might notice that while the mice are abandoning the ship, no PNAC members have resigned. The reason they're leaving is that after 4 years the mice now know what's what.

Yesterday on BookTV Pat Buchanan said that (he hopes) this battle isn't over. At first I assumed it was the usual battles against whatever, but then I realized he was talking about the battle for the heart and mind of the President.

It was Jeb Bush who first came under the spell of the PNAC. Maybe you've heard of "Jews For Jesus". Well, the PNAC is a bit like "Jesus For Jews". Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz, Bremer, Cheney, Kristol: they've agreed to disagree over the tiny point of whether it will be the same exact Messiah as before (if at all).

Maybe Pat's right and it's not too late. We should all write to the President and explain to him that

1. No Man Knoweth the Hour
2. Jews and Arabs differ principally by a foreskin (optional)
3. World War III is nigh
4. The only remedy is a complete purge of the PNAC from our government.