homestead - Re: [Homestead] 4 years later ...

  • From: Don Bowen <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] 4 years later ...
  • Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 13:26:06 -0800

At 12/1/2004, you wrote:
At 12/1/2004 09:12 AM, you wrote:
> Typically it climbs when there is unrest somewhere and people want to invest in something of >supposed real value. Gold is a hedge against severely unsettling times for some people. They >think that wilt a pile of gold or junk silver they can buy their way through problems.

Don Bowen

There have been times in history when gold or silver would buy someone a way through problems.

There have been many times but these times are different. I personally believe that skills and tools are much more valuable than any hard currency.

Don Bowen
Awl Knotted Up Woodworking
Valley Center, CA http://www.braingarage.com