homestead - Re: [Homestead] Re: Ask a question?

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Re: Ask a question?
  • Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 08:00:58 -0800

I wouldn't think they'd use the hybrids because they don't get a very big
diameter on them. Would be just as much work as cutting bigger trees, just
as much time in the mill but not worth the trouble for half a dozen 2 x 4s.

At the place we had in middle of a couple of vineyards we had them all over
the place and one stand that was about an acre, both the hybrids and the
Lombardies and none of them got to more than 8" and never more than about 40
to 50' tall and they were over 30 years old.

Lynda