homestead - Re: [Homestead] Truck suggestions- 4wd & ice

  • From: Don Bowen <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Truck suggestions- 4wd & ice
  • Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 15:40:31 -0800

At 11/16/2004, you wrote:

Oh yes, ice sucks! Even for tracked vehicles I'll bet.

You do not want to be on ice with a steel tracked tractor. You now have a bunch of ice skates. My uncle slid sideways down an ice covered hill on a crawler. In Spokane a friend had the bright idea of driving his crawler up an ice crusted hill in the hope that it would break up the ice. It slid into the ditch and was left there until spring melted the ice.

Don Bowen
Awl Knotted Up Woodworking
Valley Center, CA http://www.braingarage.com