homestead - [Homestead] Truck suggestions

  • From: "Robert Walton" <waltonrp AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: "Homestead" <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Truck suggestions
  • Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 20:15:30 -0500

All,

As you know, I am working hard to get out of city, house, job, etc and onto land I bought in Virginia. A little over a year ago I went and did something crazy and bought a slightly used (7k miles) Chevy Avalanche. Fun vehicle, but not a practical homestead ride. I am thinking about selling this and hopefully getting out breaking even.

Idea is to buy a used pickup truck for cash that will serve as a ride here and stay with me through the move out of here. I want to invest in a good homestead vehicle now. After working two hours to get the Avalanche out of some mud a few weeks ago, I am thinking about 4 wheel drive, Chevy, Ford, Dodge regular or extended cab pickup. Any suggestions? What do you think I should consider?

Rob in FLA

---
This mail is certified Virus Free.