homestead - Re: [Homestead] Shipping container portable houses, storage

  • From: DSanner106 AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Shipping container portable houses, storage
  • Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2004 09:14:53 EST

In a message dated 11/6/2004 2:19:15 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
lurine AT softcom.net writes:

However, eldest daughter had one for storage on the ranch she and her DH
managed and you do need to insulate them or shade them and they need some
type of ventilation added if you are going to use them simply for storage.
They turn into ovens and "cook" things you store in them.

I used them for storage for my bookstores, and they REALLY heat up. I had to
add ventilation systems so we could work in them and store heat sensitive
inventory. If you added some sort of shallow roof, or shading system to keep
direct sunlight off though, this problem would be solved for the most part.

Drew