homestead - Re: [Homestead] Shipping container portable houses, storage

  • From: Don Bowen <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Shipping container portable houses, storage
  • Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2004 20:11:37 -0800

At 11/5/2004, you wrote:

Another question. Would it be possible to "connect" two or more of them?
Side by side, over/under, lengthwise, or combinations of these?

A friend bought one with another friend. They cut it in half and welded a steel end on one half and had it hauled to his friends. The other half had a roll up garage door frame welded and door installed then hauled to his place. With a welder and sufficient scrap steel anything is possible. My stick and gas welders are in storage but the wire feed may go with me.

Don Bowen
Awl Knotted Up Woodworking
Valley Center, CA http://www.braingarage.com