homestead - RE: [Homestead] Web browsers

  • From: "Clint Novak" <cnovak AT cns.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Homestead] Web browsers
  • Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 16:08:46 -0600

Sorry I'm still 3 weeks behind reading all the posts. There is a popup
stopper called "12 Ghosts Popup stopper", that I've been using with IE
and Windows XP. It's silent and you can use the Ctrl key to open new
windows.

Sometime back I believe tvoivozhd mentioned problems with XP. You can
create a multiple boot on your new laptop and install windows 98 on it
as well, then you will have a choice on what you want to use, or go
crazy and download Linspire(linux OS formerly named Lindows till
Microsoft sued them). It is fairly inexpensive and you can purchase
their software warehouse option and download loads of supporting
software.

Hope this helps

Clint