homestead - Re: [Homestead] thief steals again

  • From: RayZentz AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] thief steals again
  • Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 22:45:48 EST

In a message dated 11/5/2004 1:15:11 PM Central Standard Time,
tonihawr AT msn.com writes:

Machine error gives Bush extra Ohio votes

COLUMBUS, Ohio - An error with an electronic voting system gave President
Bush 3,893 extra votes in suburban Columbus, elections officials said.

Franklin County's unofficial results had Bush receiving 4,258 votes to
Democrat John Kerry's 260 votes in a precinct in Gahanna. Records show only
638
voters cast ballots in that precinct.

Bush actually received 365 votes in the precinct, Matthew Damschroder,
director of the Franklin County Board of Elections, told The Columbus
Dispatch.

Yep, a few errors on machines in various areas, going BOTH ways, I might
add. I would like to point out, though, that in this particular instance
you
cited, B. still won...

Ray

  • Re: [Homestead] thief steals again, RayZentz, 11/05/2004