homestead - Re: [Homestead] Bamboo, most valuable, fastest growing tree-grass in world

  • From: DFoster987 AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Bamboo, most valuable, fastest growing tree-grass in world
  • Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 21:10:45 EDT

I've wanted to try bamboo but have the same concerns about creating a monster. One thought I had was taking a large livestock tank, either the long oval one or a large round one, knocking the bottom entirely out and burying the remaining ring then planting the bamboo inside it.  Anyone know how deep the roots/runners go? I imagine it depends on the variety but thought maybe the 2 feet or so would be enough to contain it.
DebF