homestead - Re: [Homestead] "Forest" vs timber/lumber

  • From: Walter H.Jeffries <Highlands AT blacklightning.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] "Forest" vs timber/lumber
  • Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2004 09:34:26 -0400

On Sep 4, 2004, at 2:50 AM, Lynda wrote:
Pssst, Toni, don't bother. Walter is THE expert on all trees even though
his experience would seem to be limited to overgrown shrubs and wannabee
trees none of which will ever reach an age of centuries <<eg>>

Nice try, when you can't be constructive you turn to dismissive.

No Lynda I'm not 'THE expert', but I do know a bit about this topic since I do sustainable forestry management. I was suggesting that you get educated before you make false broad blanket statements like you've been doing. You have at your finger tips, in books and the web, a world of information. Educate yourself.

It is sad when you respond to a valid discussion and opposition to your ideas with remarks like this. It shows a rigidity in your thinking. Ease up and try to clear your mind a bit before you go forward. You could learn a lot that way. It is okay.