homestead - Re: [Homestead] "Forest" vs timber/lumber

  • From: "Toni Hawryluk" <tonihawr AT msn.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] "Forest" vs timber/lumber
  • Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2004 09:33:33 -0700

> If all you nice people want to stop sniping and become better informed about sustainable forestry, check out:
http://www.pioneerforest.com/PF_Home.html

I did, Gene. Here's what I found :

>>>Pioneer Forest offers outstanding recreational opportunities
>>>for day-hikes,
>>>forest drives,
>>>overnight backpacking,
>>>and long-distance hiking.

- - - but I don't see what mashing the
topsoil/tree food six ways from Sunday
has to do with "sustainable". Forestry.
Except to continue to provide "plants"
for people  to frolic in/around/past/under.
Hmmm. Nope. Not my definition of forestry.

> I had the pleasure of having the manager of Pioneer Forest come to Heartwood and make recommendations. One smart forester.

?? Manager, yes - forester ??

Toni