gwl-g - Re: [gwl-g] Do you write about gardens that belong to friends?

gwl-g@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: gardenwriters-on-gardening

  • From: Hamptongar@aol.com
  • To: gwl-g@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [gwl-g] Do you write about gardens that belong to friends?
  • Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 13:50:46 EDT

Since my column has always been considered to be 'my' space I've never been told by an editor that I can't use something.  The only exception has been the mention of commercial establishments but even this has eased over the years and I seem to have carte blanche these days.  Guess that goes with doing this for 30 years and an ever growing reader base.  BUT, when writing about a friends garden I never mention names or specific street locations.  That would put me in the weed house big time and my 'friends' assume a certain amount of anonymity when I'll be writing about them.

Andrew Messinger
The Hampton Gardener

The Hampton Gardener is a Registered Trade Mark
(Published every Thursday in the Southampton Press, The Press and the Easthampton Press)