gwl-g - Re: [gwl-g] Do you write about gardens that belong to friends?

gwl-g@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: gardenwriters-on-gardening

  • From: Catriona Tudor Erler <cterler@gardenvista.com>
  • To: gardenwriters-on-gardening <gwl-g@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [gwl-g] Do you write about gardens that belong to friends?
  • Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 12:09:47 -0400

Yes, I have written many stories about gardens that belong to friends. No, aneditor hasn't refused a story because I had a connection with the owner. In my experience, if an editor likes a garden, he or she doesn't care what my connection to the owner is. I wrote about my mother's and stepfather's garden for San Diego Home/Garden magazine (when Peter Jensen was editor), and he was fine with that. Most of the time the editor doesn't even know what (if any) personal connection I have with the garden.
Catriona

N Sterman wrote:

Do you write and publish stories about gardens that belong to friends? Have you ever had an editor refuse a story (or an assignment) because the garden was a friend's garden?

Nan