gwl-g - Re: [gwl-g] Container gardening

gwl-g@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: gardenwriters-on-gardening

  • From: "Marge Talt" <mtalt@hort.net>
  • To: "gardenwriters-on-gardening" <gwl-g@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [gwl-g] Container gardening
  • Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 00:35:26 -0400

You could also get a couple of concrete blocks, set them on end; put
your expensive pot up on them (which would also serve to feature that
pot) and bank some other pots around them to hide them. If you want
to go all out, you could spring for a couple of split-faced blocks in
a color other than typical gray. Or, you could get some decent
looking pot saucers and fill them with pea gravel and set the pots on
them. They would keep the pots from sitting in water if you have
them well topped up with the gravel - the pots are on the gravel
which is above any water that would collect in the saucers.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor: Gardening in Shade
Shadyside Garden Designs
Current Article: Until April 11

> From: Nancy Stedman <stedman@rcn.com>
> Okay, I have a question that's so basic it's almost embarrassing.
Every