gmark - RE: Books

gmark AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Kata Markon

  • From: Tony Prete <tonyprete AT earthlink.net>
  • To: "Kata Markon" <gmark AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Books
  • Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 16:02:44 -0400

As the list developed, I noted the absence of Ched Myers' Binding the Strong Man: A Political Reading of Mark's Story of Jesus (Orbis, 1988). Though it represents a singular view ("Political Reading"), it seems no more interpretive than Tolbert's thesis that the Parable of the Sower is the nexus for the Gospel of Mark. I'm curious as to why no one has mentioned it.

Anthony Prete
212 Marne Avenue
Haddonfield, NJ 08033
856-428-1203