gmark - RE: Books

gmark AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Kata Markon

  • From: Emmanuel Fritsch <emmanuel.fritsch AT ign.fr>
  • To: Kata Markon <gmark AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Books
  • Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 15:19:12 +0200

> Steve Black wrote:
>
> > I am interested in finding out what books people have been reading
> > (and would recommend) on Mark lately.

For french speaking readers, I suggest two Boismard' works
provided during the 90':

*** "Jésus, un homme de Nazareth, raconté par
Marc l'évangéliste", Le Cerf, Paris, 1996

On the web site of the editor, you may find an abstract :
http://www.editionsducerf.fr/html/fiche/ficheresume.asp?N_LIV_CERF=1954

But it does not provide the exact content of the book. Even if this
is not a book about synoptic problem and redaction history (which is
the main field of Boismard) it presents the same quality that Boismard
shows in his works : a deep precision in analysis.
The analysis tool of Boismard is the balance between royal and
thaumaturgic deeds of Jesus in Mark gospel.

*** "L'évangile de Marc, sa Préhistoire" Gabalda, Paris, 1994

This is deep textual analysis. Based on some new tools defined with
A. Lamouille during the 80', and all the old others provided for
a century, Boismard scans Mark gospel, looking for proto-Markan
redactions.

The web site of Gabalda gives just the list of author : www.gabalda.com
More comments (in french) on : http://archeboc.free.fr

a+