gmark - RE: Books

gmark AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Kata Markon

  • From: Steve Black <sdblack AT telus.net>
  • To: "Kata Markon" <gmark AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Books
  • Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 06:39:55 -0700

I have just ordered George Aichele's _Jesus Framed_ - has any one read this book. I assume it is a post-structuralist/deconstructive approach as that is what Aichele is into.

I would second the nomination for Horsley's book _Hearing the Whole Story_
as one of the most interesting books on Mark I have read in some time. I
also learned a lot from Rikki Watts' book _Isaiah's New Exodus in Mark_.

Ray Pickett

--
Steve Black
Vancouver School of Theology

Strangers stopping strangers just to shake their hand...

-Robert Hunter From SCARLET BEGONIAS