gmark - Re: The Homeric Epics and the Gospel of Mark

gmark AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Kata Markon

  • From: "Rikki E. Watts" <rwatts AT interchange.ubc.ca>
  • To: Kata Markon <gmark AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: The Homeric Epics and the Gospel of Mark
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 07:36:19 -0800

Title: Re: [gmark] Re: The Homeric Epics and the Gospel of Mark

Joe,

Your post and Larry’s response arrived at the same time.  I have nothing to add to Larry’s, to my mind, conclusive comments on the parallels and only note that in respect of your second point, Homer is not infrequently cited in support of a particular contention (so Justin Martyr, Irenaeus, Theophilus of Antioch, etc.)

Rikk