freetds - Re: [freetds] freetds-current on win32

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Damien Churchill <damoxc AT gmail.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] freetds-current on win32
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 13:09:39 +0100

On 11 May 2010 12:54, Paul Thurston <pthurston AT netegrate.com> wrote:
> Damien:
>
> Yes, I wish the FreeTDS community would give the Windows build a bit more
> attention.
> This is important for me, since we run a mixed environment (Linux, Win7,
> Win2008).
>
> Having a single database library that can be easily ported across all our
> platforms is extremely useful.
>
> Paul

I'm using it to make the new python pymssql driver, dropping the
Microsoft db-lib and using FreeTDS for both Unix and Windows which
makes life easier only supporting one API. Unfortunately my previous
(and current) development is primarily Linux based so my experience of
compiling C projects on Windows is extremely minimal and have no idea
why the static libs are so big!

If there's anything I can do to help improve the Windows build then
I'm more than happy to offer my help!

Damien