freetds - Re: [freetds] freetds-current on win32

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Frediano Ziglio <freddy77 AT gmail.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] freetds-current on win32
  • Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 13:27:42 +0200

2010/5/12 Damien Churchill <damoxc AT gmail.com>:
> On 11 May 2010 22:13, Paul Thurston <pthurston AT netegrate.com> wrote:
>> Apparently, Damien has a collection of fixed which allow compilation of
>> the build.
>>

> Indeed I have. I've attached a diff of the changes I have made in
> order to facilitate compilation using VS2008 on Windows 7, 32 bit.

I just commited some patches. I fixed problem with TCP_NODELAY and
fakepoll (defines compatible and WSAPoll used if available). They
allow libraries to compile (a collegue of mine tested with VS2008 and
it compile with minor warnings).

> However this produces static libs that are very large in size and I
> don't know how to fix it.
>
> db-lib.lib - 2,207kb
> TDS.lib - 1,164kb
> replacements.lib - 372kb

Usually this is due to browse or debugging informations... you could
use objdump or other tools to detect which informations occupy all
that space...