freetds - [freetds] newbe

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Gennady Vayl <vaylg AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] newbe
  • Date: Sat, 2 May 2009 16:53:05 -0500

Hi,
I'm running on Unix. This server is old so it may not have everything up to
date.
I installed FreeTDS and tried to run the test with the tsql command.

After I run this command:

tsql -H (ipaddress of server, also tried machine name) -p 1433 -U
(username, also tried domain/user name) -P password

I get the following error:
iconv.c:354: failed assertion `ret == 0'
Abort (core dumped)
Does anyone know what this means? What I'm doing wrong? The install seemed to
work ok?

I'm new to this so I'm sorry if I just asked a stupid question.

Thanks,

-vaylg