freetds - Re: [freetds] newbe

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Gennady Vayl <vaylg AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] newbe
  • Date: Sun, 3 May 2009 10:22:40 -0500

Thanks,

I am past the iconv problem. Now I have a new one. I'm trying to connect to
SQL server 2005.
Using the same tsql command as before I get the following errors...

locale is "C C C C C C"
locale charset is "ISO8859-1"
Password:
Msg 20017, Level 9, State -1, Server OpenClient, Line -1
Unexpected EOF from the server
Msg 20002, Level 9, State -1, Server OpenClient, Line -1
Adaptive Server connection failed
There was a problem connecting to the server

Here's some additional info that's required prior to sending you guys stuff:
SQL Server version: SQL Server 2005
FreeTDS version (or snapshot date, if not a release): Latest stable release
installed last Friday
which client library you are using ???
what language or Perl module, as appropriate, you're using: not using one
still testing with tsql
your client OS and hardware architecture: Old alpha machine V5.1 OSF1