freetds - Re: [freetds] Sybase ASA 9, unixODBC multiple connection problem

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Middleton, Eric" <eric.middleton AT oncologysupply.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Sybase ASA 9, unixODBC multiple connection problem
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 10:37:41 -0600

Ok finally got that file patched and reran ./configure and make and make
install. I believe i did it correctly as I did not get any errors.
However it is not working. Here are my odbc.ini and freetds.conf files.
Not sure what the problem is.

Freetds.conf
[server1]
Host = ipaddress
ASA Database = server
Port = 2638
Tds version = 4.2

Odbc.ini
[Mydsn1]
Description = blah
Driver = TDS
Servername = server1
Port = 2638
UID = dba
PWD = sql

This does not work. However if I make the servername = server and
change the freetds.conf section to [server] then it will work as usual
but I can then only connect to one server at the time.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Eric Middleton
Oncology Supply Automation