freetds - Re: [freetds] 0.65 (or whatever) TODO

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] 0.65 (or whatever) TODO
  • Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 22:24:15 -0400

ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT wrote:

> > so SQLError return errors in the wrong order :(. I'll look at unixODBC
> > source.
>
> ???? I can't believe it... unixODBC sort errors alphabetically !!!
>
> so "goodbye" < "hello"..
>
> See check_error_order in DriverManager/__info.c (called by
> insert_into_error_list).
> This in both 2.2.11 and 2.2.12!

ROFL! I can't believe it. Not only that, but the specification says it's
OK!

"If there are two or more records with the highest rank, it is
undefined
which record is the first record."

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/odbc/htm/odbcsequence_of_status_records.asp

That is, if two PRINT messages arrive from the server -- both being "class
0" -- there's no "correct" order in which to print them. I would have
thought "in the order they were received/generated" would make more
sense....

Are you thinking of sending them a patch, or should I put that on my TODO?

+++

I especially want DBD::ODBC to work well with errors and such. I'm much
more optimistic now than I was; so far, you ve found bugs in my
application and the DM, but not in the driver itself. Thanks for working
on it.

Regards,