freetds - [freetds] 0.65 (or whatever) TODO

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT" <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafone.com>
  • To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] 0.65 (or whatever) TODO
  • Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 13:44:06 +0200

Well.... I think is time to stabilize the work and start planning next
release.
I started executing some additional tests (like test-dist) and I found
some problems but not that big.
I still have some things to do before a release
1- odbc cursors, sybase
2- odbc cursors, update
3- timeout

1- we now support cursors but not for Sybase. I tried to see what Sybase
do for some cursor operation that we support and I discovered that
Sybase driver (12.5) returns "Optional function not supported"... so I
decided to not support odbc cursors for Sybase... at least for next
version
2- currently update do not really support update, not that hard to fix,
mainly a bit long
3- does odbc handle timeouts correctly? does it stop connection if
cancel is not accepted?