freetds - Re: [freetds] Windows Question

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Brian Bruns" <brian.bruns AT gmail.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Windows Question
  • Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2007 09:46:26 -0400

2007/4/13, James K. Lowden <jklowden AT freetds.org>:

> FreeTDS does not support named pipes afaik?

AFAIK, too. ;-) I can't see a reason even to think about adding them.

Regards,

--jkl

I looked into this once upon a time. The big hold up was the only good
C-based library to do netbios at the time was samba and that was GPL, not
LGPL and it wasn't really modularized for the purpose. I actually played
around with writing a netbios/named pipes library in C but kinda lost
interest in it. As I recall it wasn't too difficult to get the rudimentary
support for enough of it to get TDS over named pipes working. In Java there
is jCIFS for a reference example.

Brian