freetds - Re: [freetds] Windows Question

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Frank M. Kromann" <frank AT kromann.info>
  • To: Patrick Corbett <pcorbe81 AT maine.edu>
  • Cc: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Windows Question
  • Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 09:21:39 -0700

Hi Patrick,

Ok I get it now. I think I was confused about your statement about not
being able to conenct via IP. That's why I started talking about named
pipes (the alternative that only exists with MS native library).

I think I can give you the way to connect now. Create something like this
in your freetds.conf file:

[bor-gen]
host = bor
instance = gen
port = 1433
client charset = UTF-8
tds version = 8.0
text size = 20971520

and then use mssql_connect("bor-gen", $user, $pass); in your script.

if you have multiple instances you need a server entry for each of them in
freetds.conf.

- Frank

http://www.freetds.org/userguide/freetdsconf.htm#FREETDSCONFFORMAT